Meet the Practitioner
Amanda Wellman, MaAOM, L.Ac.
Hi! I have a voracious appetite for learning, particularly in the realm of the non-ordinary. I graduated with a Master’s of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine in Austin, Texas in 2010. This 4-year Masters program included traditional healing methods of Chinese herbal formulations, dietary therapy, facial rejuvenation, cupping, moxibustion therapy, gua sha, tai chi, qigong, medical qigong, acupuncture and tuina. My continuing education trainings have focused on reproductive health, the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, Craniosacral Level 1, and Daoist techniques of meditation and energy cultivation. I am currently training to become a nurse in the hopes of bridging the communication gap between acupuncture and the language and practitioners of a biological anatomy and physiology approach to medicine. That may sound confusing! Most of my teachers grew up in China and some even learned through a traditional apprenticeship training. They were all adamant that Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine needed to be learned and understood through the scope of its original language and philosophy, which is very different from modern biomedicine.
On a more personal note I am a Sagittarius and Generator according to Human Design. I love traveling and have lived in Austria, Germany, Texas, Australia, and California (in that order). I came to Cincinnati because my twin sister was living here and have focused on reproductive health as a way to empower women with more options.
Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
State Medical Board of Ohio Certificate to practice Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, and Oriental Bodywork & Energywork as an Oriental Medicine Practitioner: #66.000069
CCAOM Clean Needle Technique Certificate
Professional certification of the Arvigo Techniques of Mayan Abdominal Therapy
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, National Acupuncture Detoxification Association, 2011
- Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient 1, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Integrative Medicine Service, 2011
- TCM Facial Rejuvenation, Nefeli Corporation: Dr Ping Zhang, 2013
- 8+ years of Meditation and Energy Cultivation Training under Dr. Samual Sagan
- Sacred Feminine Immersion, Sofia Sundari, 2016
- USUI Shiki Ryoho Reiki Degrees 1 & 2, JoAnn Utley, 2017
- Medicaid Nurse Aide, Kentucky Gateway Community & Technical College, 2018
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy: Self Care Level 1, The Arvigo Institute, 2019
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy: Professional Level 2, The Arvigo Institute, 2020
- Craniosacral Level 1, 2021
- Acupressure and Acupuncture for Perinatal Care, Claudia Citkovitz
- Nurturing the Fetus with Debra Betts & Sabine Wilms
“I have suffered with lower back and right hip pain for years, am almost unable to walk. After 3 sessions of acupuncture with Amanda Wellman, no more pain. After the second treatment I had a noticeable difference, after the third, good as new! I was skeptical at first, but so glad I decided to try it! Would recommend for anyone!”